Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Editing your prelim task


 Editing your prelim task

 During our editing process I’ve learned how to use Final Cut Pro, how to check in and out before and after editing, as well as putting shots on timeline and cut them. Also we’ve learnt how to edit sound. You have to find matching sound ant copy it, than you need to find right moment

 One thing I really liked about editing is that when you film you can hardly see the final product, but when you edit it starts to make some sense. Also I’ve really enjoyed putting shots together so it looks very smooth together and how different angles makes simple conversation look more interesting.

 I found a little bit challenging that in group of three we had only one computer. Honestly I got used to work by my self while I was editing my videos, but when you work in the team you have to consider everybody’s point of view. It wasn’t that hard, but not all of us had opportunity to work on the computer. Also if you haven’t got any experience on editing so you might find it a bit challenging.

 Personally I think it wasn’t very hard to match shots and put them on storyboard. I find it very interesting because that’s how you start to build a story and try to tell it to the audience.

 I find extra shots very useful. We had much more ideas, but we haven’t got enough time to film it. We wanted to add some interesting close ups of keyboard and hand taping on table. But anyway extra shots helps to send message of what you wanted to show to the audience.

 I wouldn’t change anything about editing because I think we’ve done really good job, but next I’ll film more extra shots to make sequence more interesting.

 We did very well. In case of time and number of shots we’ve had we took the best out of it. During editing process I’ve tried to match shots and put them on timeline, also I gave some useful ideas for example in which order we might put shots to tell our story.

No comments:

Post a Comment